Bangalore / Mysore / Ooty (05 Nts / 06 Days)

Bangalore / Mysore / Ooty / Kodaikanal (07 Nts / 08 Days)

Bangalore / Mysore / Ooty (05 Nts / 06 Days)

Day 1 :
Ex Bangalore
Arrival at Bangalore Airport / Railway station and transfer to the hotel.

Bangalore:
Bangalore, The capital city of the Indian state of Karnataka is located on the Deccan Plateau in the south-eastern part of Karnataka. Bangalore is India's third most populous city. Bangalore is well-known as the center of India's information technology sector. The city is among the top 10 preferred entrepreneurial locations in the world.
Bangalore is known as the “Garden City of India” and has two nationally renowned botanical gardens – Lal Bagh and Cubbon Park, which attract a lot of visitors through the year. Legend has it that Bengaluru, a Kannad term (meaning ‘Town of Boiled Beans’) got its name after an old woman served cooked pulses to a lost and hungry Hoysala king.The present day city was once planned by Magadi Kempe Gowda in the year 1537.Under the British influence, Bangalore bloomed with modern facilities like the railways, postal, telegragh & police departments.


Bull Temple:
The Bull temple is devoted to Nandi Bull, the vahana (vehicle) of Lord Shiva. Situated in Basavanagudi, this temple has been built in the Dravidian style of architecture. Kempe Gowda, the founder of Bangalore, got the Bull temple built during his time. This temple is amongst the oldest temples of the city and draws devotees from all over the country. This temple is also widely known as”Sri Dodda Basavanna Gudi”, an abode to Nandi (Bull) There is huge idol of Nandi Bull inside the temple, measuring 4.5 m in height and 6.5 m in length. This idol is said to have been engraved out of a single rock. The bull also has a small iron plate on its head. As per the tradition, this plate prevents the bull from growing. Providing a great backdrop to the statue are the idols of God Surya and Goddess Chandra, on their chariots. It is believed that the Vishva Bharti River originates at the feet of this statue.
The legend goes that the Bull Temple was built to appease a bull that used to consume and destroy all the groundnuts and peanuts cultivated in this area. It is also said that after the temple was built, the bull stopped damaging the crop. As a celebration of this incident, the farmers of Basavanagudi organized a Groundnut Fair (Kadalekai Parase), near the temple. This fair continues till date and is attended by the people of Bangalore in large numbers.


Cubbon Park:
The Cubbon Park is an historic park, located in the heart of city. The Cubbon Park has a history of over 100 years. It was established in the year 1870 by Sri John Meade, the then acting Commissioner of Mysore. The vast landscape of the park was conceived by Major General Richard Sankey, the then Chief Engineer of the State. As a mark of honor to Sri John Meade, the park was initially named as "Meade’s Park" and consequently it was called the Cubbon Park. Since the commencement of the park, it was developed and improved by adding new structures and features. In the year 1927, the park was officially renamed as "Sri. Chamarajendra Park" to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of Sri. Krishnaraja Wodeyar’s rule in Mysore State.
Cubbon Park was basically designed as a public park in an area of about 100 acres and expanded over the years. The park has a predominant green area with a few concrete buildings, housing government and other organizations' offices. The park has about 68 genera and 96 species with a total of around 6000 plants / trees growing in its locale.


Bangalore Palace:
Bangalore Palace is situated in the Palace Gardens, at the heart of the Bangalore city. It was built in the year 1887 by Wodeyar dynast & was adorned with magnificent woodcarvings and Tudor-style architecture from inside. Interestingly, the palace is quite similar to the medieval castles that were built in Normandy and England. The Windsor Castle of London left a great impression on King Chamaraja Wodeyar of Wodeyar dynasty, on one of his trips to England. Inspired by the Tudor style architecture, he got the Bangalore Palace built in the city. Once surrounded by beautiful gardens, the palace has now lost much of its original charm. However, it still attracts tourists from all over the world. Mainly constructed of wood, it boasts of splendid carvings and paintings. Today the palace serves as the venue for various exhibitions, concerts and cultural programs held in the city.
The ground floor of the Bangalore Palace comprises of a immense open square. This Square is full of granite seats that are bejeweled with fluorescent blue ceramic tiles. Along with the courtyard is a ballroom, where private parties of the King used to be held. As we move to the first floor, the foremost thing that comes into view is an complex room, known as the Durbar Hall. The King used this hall for addressing the assembly Mounted on the hall is a colossal elephant head, while its walls are ornamented with exquisite paintings. One of the walls of the Durbar Hall has a set of windows that are decorated with stained glass. There is an profuse use of the yellow color in the hall, with the walls as well as the sofa being of the said color. One end of the room houses a screen, which provided a curtain to the ladies when they used to sit and watch the assembly events. There are also a number of paintings of Raja Ravi Varma, a renowned artist in the palace. The inner walls of the Bangalore Palace are also decked out with paintings belonging to the mid-19th century. The other attractions of the palace include a dining table of the Diwan of Mysore, Sir Mirza Ismail.


Iskon Temple (Sri Radha Krishna – Chandra Temple):
Sri Radha Krishna – Chandra Temple, popularly known as Iskon Temple, has deities of Krishna & Radha. It is one of the largest ISKCON temples in the world. This temple is a huge cultural complex inaugurated in the year 1997 by His Holiness Jayapataka Swami & Shankar Dayal Sharma.

The Fort & Tipu Sultan’s Palace:
Tipu Sultan Fort was initially built by Kempe Gowda, the founder of Bangalore. The fort was later extended by Tipu Sultan, the Emperor of Mysore. This Fort is located near the City Market & dates back to the year 1537. It was here that Hyder Ali, the father of Tipu Sultan, imprisoned David Baird, along with a number of other army officers of the British. The Fort stands as a witness to the struggle of the Mysore Emperor against the British command. The intricately carved arches of the Tipu Sultan Fort have been built as per the Islamic style. Another major attraction of the fort is the well-preserved Ganapati temple situated inside it. Within the fort lies Tipu Sultan palace, which dates back to the year 1790. This Palace is wholly built of Teakwood & was constructed as the summer residence of Tipu Sultan. This two-storied palace stands decorated with pillars, arches and balconies.
On either side of the Palace are beautiful gardens, which lead to its main entrance. Tipu Sultan used to conduct the affairs of the state from the eastern and western balconies of the upper floor. After the death of Tipu sultan, the palace was used by the British as their secretariat, till the year 1867.


LalBagh Botanical Gardens:
Hyder Ali, the Emperor of Mysore, laid down the foundation of the Lalbagh Botanical Gardens in the 18th century. The gardens were later completed by his son, Tipu Sultan. He imported trees and plants from different countries of the world, like Persia, Afghanistan and France, to add to the wealth of the Lalbagh Botanical Gardens of Bangalore. The gardens encircle one of the towers erected by Kempe Gowda, the founder of Bangalore. These gardens possess a rich collection of almost 1000 different species of flora. There is also a Glass House inside the gardens, modeled on London's Crystal Palace. Spread over an area of 2400-acre, the Lalbagh Botanical Gardens hold the distinction of having the largest collection of rare and exotic plants in India. The first lawn clock of the country was also set up in these gardens only.
The others attractions of the Lalbagh Botanical Gardens include the Lal Bagh Rock, one of the oldest rock formations on earth. It is believed to be approximately 3000 million years old. The garden is beautifully designed, with lawns, flowerbeds, lotus pools and fountains adding to its splendor. Flower festivals are held every year in the botanical gardens, as a part of the Independence Day and Republic Day celebrations.


Vidhan Soudha (Drive Pass):
Vidhan Soudha is the state legislature of Karnataka State. The concept of the Vidhana Soudha and the implementation of the project is entirely credited to late Sri Kengal Hanumanthaiah, Chief Minister of the then Mysore State from 1951 to 1956. He wanted a building which would not only be functional as a secretariat and a model of spaciousness, but which should become the prime edifice of the city – a “People Palace”, symbolizing in its very appearance the seat of government. He visited Europe, Russia, United States and other places and got the idea of building Vidhana Soudha by incorporating various designs from the buildings he had seen. The building is illuminated on Sundays and public holidays..

Attara Kacheri (Karnataka High Court) – Drive Pass:
Situated opposite the Vidhan Soudha, it is a two-storied building of stone and brick, painted in red, which dates back to the year 1867. Attara Kacheri which means “the eighteen offices, or departments”, originally comprised the general and revenue secretariat of the State Government. The Attara Kacheri was also known in the earlier days as Bowring’s Attara Kacheri or Old Public Offices. The credit goes to Mr. Bowring, the then commissioner of Mysore State who conceived and prepared the plans. The construction of this building started in 1864 and completed in 1868 at a cost of Rs. 4.5 lakhs. The work was executed by Rao Bahadur Arcot Narayanaswamy Mudaliar. The administrative offices of the State continued to be located in the Attara Kacheri till 1956, One of the major attractions of the Attara Kacheri is its Gothic Style of architecture built in the European classical style. Also known as the High Court Building, it serves as the perfect contrast to the white columned building of Vidhana Soudha.
Attara Kacheri of Bangalore is a building housing the High Court. Attara Kacheri of Bangalore was built under the reign of Tipu Sultan, the Emperor of Mysore. It is said that during his time, the offices of the eighteen departments of Revenue and General Secretariat expanded to quite an extent. Since the palace could not house the offices, he ordered the construction of a new building, where the offices could be relocated. He named the building as Attara Kacheri, meaning eighteen offices or departments. . It was earlier named as Old Public Offices and got its name of Attara Kacheri when the eighteen departments in the general and revenue secretariat of the Mysore Government were shifted here from their crowded premises in Tipu Sultan's summer palace. There are a number of buildings worth visiting near Attara Kacheri. They comprise of the Visveswaraya Industrial and Technological Museum, Public Library, the Venkatappa Art Gallery and the Government Museum. Overnight at the hotel.


Day 02:
Bangalore to Mysore (139 Kms / 3 ½ Hrs)
After breakfast check-out from hotel and depart by road for Mysore. On arrival, Check in at the hotel.

Mysore:
Mysore is the most significant & the second biggest City of Karnataka state. It is the former capital of the Mysore Maharajas, who ruled Mysore State from this royal city. Mysore City Compromises of Palaces, gardens, shady avenues and sacred temples. This City is most likely called as the 'City of Palaces', the 'Garden City', the 'Ivory City', the ‘City of Yoga’ as well as the 'cultural capital of Karnataka'. Mysore had been the capital city of the Wodeyar's who ruled the Mysore Kingdom. Throughout the rule of the Wodeyar dynasty, crafts and arts attained its peak and therefore the city consequently developed into the cultural capital. The Wodeyars had been unbelievable patrons of art and culture.
In combination with its tourist destinations, Mysore is renowned for sandalwood Products, rosewood carved articles, Silk Sarees & Sandalwood oil, in addition to the Dasara Festival (Navratri) celebrated each and every year. Mysore silk is well known for its quality and undying gleam.


En route visit :-

Srirangapatnam:
Srirangapatnam is an island fortress-city with great religious, cultural and historic importance, located 14 kms from Mysore. For a short while the city of Srirangapatnam was the capital of the Mysore state, while Tipu Sultan was ruling Mysore. As a result, there are a number of historical monuments related to the life and times of Tipu Sultan. After the death of Tipu Sultan in 1799 AD, the British shifted the capital back to Mysore.Srirangapatna is nestled in the banks of river Cauvery. The town derives its name from the presiding deity of Ranganatha Swamy temple situated at the western end of the island in the Cauvery River. Srirangapattanam is one of the most important Vaishnavitecenters of pilgrimage in south India. The Ranganathaswamy temple in Srirangapatnam is very famous. It has the idol of Lord Vishnu as Ranganatha reclining on the serpent Ade Shesha.
The temple was built by the Ganga dynasty rulers of the area in the 9th century; the structure was strengthened and improved upon architecturally some three centuries later. Thus, the temple is a mixture of the Hoysala and Vijayanagar styles of temple architecture.
The Daria Daulat Palace, the Palace of Tipu Sultan in Srirangapatnam is a beautiful Palace built mainly of teakwood. The walls of the Palace are covered with colorful frescoes that signify the reign of Tipu Sultan and the different battles that he fought during his time. Tipu built the Masji-e-Ala or the Juma Majid at Srirangapatna as well. This mosque has tall lofty minarets that dominate the skyline of Srirangapatna. The tombs of Tippu Sultan were laid out by his father Hyder Ali and mother Fathima Begum in the Gumbaz. The Gumbaz is a major tourist attraction because of its architecture and craftsmanship. It has enormous ebony door inlaid with ivory. Srirangapatnam also has the Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary that attracts hundreds of migratory birds from all over the world. The sanctuary is also home to flying bats and marsh crocodiles. This wonder of nature is an ideal place to unwind and enjoy nature. Another popular picnic spot set in beautiful lush green surroundings is the Sangam where the River Lokapavani joins the River Cauvery. While in Mysore it is worth visiting Srirangapatnam because of its historical importance and natural beauty. Upon arrival, Check in at the hotel. In the afternoon, proceed for City Tour of Mysore visiting.


Mysore Maharaja Palace:
Mysore Palace or the Mysore Maharaja Palace is located in the heart of the city. Mysore Palace is one of the most visited monuments in India. And its one of the largest palaces in the country, also known as Amba Vilas Palace, was the residence of the Wodeyar Maharaja's of the Mysore state. Mysore Palace is priceless national treasure and the pride of a kingdom, the Mysore Maharaja Palace is the seat of the famed Wodeyar Maharaja's of Mysore. The original palace built of wood, got burnt down in 1897, during the wedding of Jayalakshammanni, the eldest daughter of Chamaraja Wodeyar and was rebuilt in 1912 at the cost of Rs. 42 lakhs. The present Palace built in Indo-Saracenic style and blends together Hindu, Muslim, Rajput, and Gothic styles of architecture. It is a three-storied stone structure, with marble domes and a 145 ft five-storied tower. The palace has a magnificent Durbar Hall with a 200 Kg. gold throne inlaid with precious stones. It is an extravaganza of stained glass ceiling, mirrors reflecting images from all sides, mosaic floors & wooden doors with beautiful carvings.

Above the central arch is an impressive sculpture of Gajalakshmi, the goddess of wealth, prosperity, good luck, and abundance with her elephants. The palace is surrounded by a large garden. Designed by the well-known British architect, Henry Irwin, the palace is a treasure house of exquisite carvings and works of art from all over the world. The palace is now converted into a museum that treasures souvenirs, paintings, jewellery, royal costumes and other items, which were once possessed by the Wodeyars. It's a Kaleidoscope of stained glass & mirrors. The tastefully decorated and intricately carved doors open into luxuriously decorated rooms. The ground floor with an enclosed courtyard displays costumes, musical instruments, children toys and numerous portraits. The upper floor has a small collection of weapons. The beautifully carved mahogany ceilings, solid silver doors, white marble floors and superb columned Durbar Hall are a fest to the eyes. The palace is a treasure house of exquisite carvings and works of art from all over the world. Exquisitely carved doors open into gorgeously luxurious rooms.
The royal throne, regal seat called the Chinnada Simhasana or Ratna Simahasana with fascinating artwork on its gold plates is displayed during the Dasara festival. The Maharajas of Mysore used to sit on the golden throne and hold durbars in the Palace Durbar Hall. The paintings of eight manifestations of Goddess Shakthi (strength) and an original painting of the renowned painter Raja Ravi Verma are also on display.
The palace complex has a selection of twelve Hindu temples. The oldest of these was built in the 14th century, while the most recent was built in 1953. Someshvara Temple, dedicated to God Lord Shiva and Lakshmiramana Temple, dedicated to God Lord Vishnu are some of the more famous temples. The former Royal family continues to live in a portion of the Palace. His Highness Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wadiyar is the current scion of the Wodeyar Dynasty. The outline of the Mysore Palace illuminated with 98,260 bulbs, shimmering against an inky black night is one of the most lasting images of the city. Although tourists are allowed to visit the palace, they are not allowed to take photographs inside the palace.
Mysore Palace is the venue for the famous Mysore Dasara Festival, during which leading artists perform on a stage set up in the palace grounds. On the tenth day of the festival Vijaya Dashami, a parade with caparisoned elephants and other floats originate from the palace grounds.


Mysore Zoo (Chamarajendra Zoological Garden):
Mysore Zoo was started in 1892 by Chamaraja Wodeyar Bahadur X, then the king of Mysore. Originally,as a private Zoo, and was named as Khas-Bangale. It was also called as Thamash Bangle. Mysore Zoo holds an important place in Karnataka. In the year 1909, the Palace Zoo was named as Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Garden to memorialize the illustrious founder and since then it bears the catalog. The Zoo which has now spread over an area of 250 acres was initially meant for the exclusive visit of the royal family but public entry started as early as 1920. It is located inside the city unlike many other Zoos in India and Mysore Zoo is considered to be one of the best in the world. The Zoo has about 1500 animals, ranging from the opossum to orangutan. This Zoo houses a wide range of animals. Mysore Zoo was the first in the country to obtain gorilla and penguins. Many animals which are imported from countries like Africa, America, and Australian countries under conservation project due to the successful breeding of the white tiger. It is also credited with achieving considerable break-through in captive breeding of many animals. Elephants also breed well in captivity in this Zoo.
The Zoo has a small museum which exhibits the stuffed animals. A small library is also located in the Zoo. Painting and essay competitions are periodically conducted by the zoo authority the children to create awareness and love in them for animals. Ms.Sally Walker (USA) started the friends of Mysore Zoo (FMZ) in 1980. At present there is a scheme for ‘Adopting’ an animal. Which means you can take care of the feeding expenses of an animal for certain of time. Karanji Lake is a part of Mysore Zoo. The lake attracts about 45 varieties of birds; some of the birds migrate here from too far away places. The lake has been renovated recently and boating facility is also available. A white elephant considered sacred by many, was a special attraction and also rearing penguins in Mysore zoo was a specialty. The zoo displays native & exotic animal species in natural settings, providing conservation education & experience based tourism activities. At present there are 1450 individuals belonging to 170 different species.
The large number of animals is exotics like Zebra, Giraffe, Gorilla, African Rhinos, Chimpanzee & many more. All these beautiful and majestic animals can be seen in open natural habitat. Maharaja had the vision that the zoo was not only the place of recreation but of education as well. He ensured that brochures, guide books and animal picture cards were brought out giving information on each species so that the visitors and learn something about the wildlife of India & abroad.


Chamundi Hills:
The Chamundi Hills on the outskirts of Mysore city is another famous landmark of the city. Chamundi Hills is famous not only in India but also abroad. A visitor can see these hills from a distance of about 8 to 10 kms while driving to this city of Palaces from any direction. The Chamundi Hills is about 3 km from the city.
Mysore was ruled by the demon-king Mahishasura, he was a buffalo-headed monster. Hence, This place was named - Mahishuru, the city of demon Mahisha. Hearing to the prayers Of Gods and Goddess to save them from the monster, Goddess Parvathi, (consort of Lord Siva), took birth as Chamundeshwari and killed the monster. After killing the demon, the Goddess resided atop the Chamundi Hills where she is worshiped with reverence and Devotion. The goddess is also known as Mahishasura Mardini meaning she who slew Mahishasura. On the top of the hill is the Chamundeshwari temple that dates back to the 11th century. Goddess Chamundeshwari is an incarnation of Goddess Parvathi who took this form to destroy the demon king Mahishasura. It is said that Dodda Devaraja Wodeyar who ruled Mysore from1659 to 1673, built the 1000 steps leading to the temple that are carved out of granite rock. He built it so that climbing the hill would be easy for the pilgrims. It is also claimed that he constructed 63 houses at the foot of the Chamundi hills and called it Devarajapura and donated it to the Brahmins caretakers of the temple.
There is a separate set of equestrian steps craved out on the hill as the Kings use horses to go to the temple. King Krishnaraja Wodeyar III added the magnificent gopuram (pyramidal temple tower) of the temple in 1825-1826. Close to the temple there is a gigantic statue of Mahishasura made of mortar and painted with bright colors. On top of the hill besides the temples there is a small palace that belongs to the Kings of Mysore called Lalithadri. Half way up the hills is a huge monolith statue of Nandi, the bull and vehicle of Lord Shiva. This colossal Nandi is one of the largest in India, 16 ft. (4.8 meters) tall at the front and 25 ft. (7.5 meters) in length. The magnificent pendent bells around its neck are exquisite. Nandi and the temple beside it are located at the 700th step of the Chamundi Hill. There is a temple tank called the Devikola that is used during festivals. The temple has a very beautiful idol of the goddess wearing a garland of skulls. Goddess Chamundeshwari, also spelled Chamundeswari is an incarnation of Goddess Durga, Goddess Kali is also referred to as the Goddess Chamundi.


Brindhawan Gardens:
The Brindavan Gardens, a celebrated beauty spot in this part of India is world famous for its symmetric design. It is one of the most beautifully laid out terrace gardens in the world. The creation of this garden in the Krishnaraja Sagar Dam site has been the achievement of Sir Mirza Ismail, the then Dewan of the princely State of Mysore. The beautification of the whole dam complex was conceived by Sir Mirza Ismail. Modeled on the design of the Shalimar Gardens of Kashmir in the Mughal style, the garden is enriched with a number of terraces, fountains, running and cascading water channels, water slides, lush green lawns, flower beds, shrubs and trees. Today, the Brindavan Gardens is world famous for its delicate beauty, grandeur and illumination/ musical fountain. The Brindavan Gardens, primarily a terrace garden is laid out immediately behind the Krishnaraja Sagar dam site. The Department of Horticulture in 1927 started the work of laying out this garden, then called the Krishnarajendra Terrace Garden. The Krishnaraja Sagar dam is built across the river Cauvery, one of the principal rivers in South India. The dam is named after Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV during whose rule the Chief Engineer, Sir M. Vishveswaraya engineered the construction of the dam. Today, the garden extends over an area of 60 acres and it is laid out in the three terraces, which ends in a horseshoe shape. The slopes are planted with colourful Bougainvilleas and ornamental plants. This garden is a public park.
The illuminated running waters and fountains with changing colours of lights is an event that the tourists can look forward to in the evenings. The garden has many open spaces, lawns, illuminated flower beds and ornamental plants. It also has well laid out roads and pathways. The Brindavan Gardens is the best-illuminated terrace garden in India. The boating pond in the midst of the garden is a location where the visitors can enjoy a boat ride. The whole garden when illuminated is an enchanting site to see. The Musical and dancing fountain, is the main attraction of the visitors. The water, coloured light and music are harmonized in the fountain to create a water ballet controlled by an aquatic organ operated through a controller. Water is pumped to the fountain and the operation is computerized. All the other fountains run due to the water pressure from the dam. A laser vision has also been developed for visitors’ attraction The illumination timing is the same as that for the garden. The musical and dancing fountain is located in the North Brindavan Garden. A gallery and rain shelter is provided for the viewers. Overnight at the hotel.


Day 03:
Mysore to Ooty (155 Kms / 4 Hrs)
After breakfast check-out from hotel and depart by road for Ooty. Upon arrival, Check In at the hotel.

Ooty:
Ooty also known as Udhagamandalam is the capital of Nilgiris district. Ooty, the Colloquial of Ootacamund, is a popular hill station of South India in the Nilgiri District of Tamil Nadu, located in the Western Ghats. It is one of the most popular tourist resorts in India. Nilgiris means "Blue Mountains". It is a land of picturesque picnic spots. It was used to be popular summer and weekend getaway for the Britishers during the colonial days. An added attraction for the tourists to Udagamandalam is the mountain train journey which commences from Kallar, near Mettupalayam and wends its way through many terrifying curves and fearful tunnels and chugs along beside deep ravines full of fertile vegetation, gurgling streams and tea gardens. The town is rightly remarked as “Queen of Hill Stations” by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
The natural surrounding of Ooty includes landscapes, national parks & dense forest reserves. This hill station is well – known for its tea plantation as well as oil extracting industries, wherein the oil is obtained from its eucalyptus trees, lemon grass, geranium, clove and camphor. Ooty derives its name from the Toda word Othakal – mund that means “the house of Single stone”. Ooty has also been named as the summer capital of the Madras Presidency & used to be a popular summer retreat of Britishers during the colonial days.


In the afternoon, proceed for City Tour of Ooty visiting.

Botanical Garden:
Botanical Garden was laid out in 1847 by the Marquis of Tweedale and is spread over 55 acres of land. Lush green well maintained lawns, rare tree species (like the cork tree which is probably the only such tree in India, the paper bark tree and the monkey puzzle tree - monkeys cannot climb this tree), a 20 million year old fossilized tree, an Italian-style garden bordering a clear pool, a vast variety of flowering bushes and plants in myriad hues (exotic and ornamental), fern house with a vast range of ferns and orchids, are some of the many highlights of this garden. A flower show along with an exhibition of rare plant species is held every year in the month of May at this garden. The Garden is very well maintained by the Horticulture Department of the Government of Tamil Nadu and has a very wide variety of plants that include different types of roses, imported shrubs, rare flowering plants etc.
The "Summer Festivals" is held each year during the month of May in the Botanical Garden and is an added attraction for tourists. The Flower Show is the pride of the festival. To the east of the garden is the Toda mund (hill). The Todas are the native tribe. At the mund is a display highlighting the different aspects of their traditional culture.


Solar Physical Laboratory:
The Solar Physical Laboratory (Ooty Radio Telescope) is located in Muthorai village near Ooty. This village was selected as the suitable location and the construction work began in 1965. The structure of a radio telescope was designed in July 1963.The telescope was completed in 1969. Normal post commissioning and calibration use began in 1971. It is part of the National centre of Radio Astrophysics (NCRA)of the well known Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) which is funded by the Government of India through the Department of atomic energy. The Ooty Radio telescope has been designed and fabricated with domestic Indian technological resources. The ORT was completed in 1970 and continues to be one of the most sensitive radio telescopes in the world.
Observations made using this telescope have led to important discoveries and to explain various phenomena occurring in our solar system and in other celestial bodies. The reflecting surface of the telescope is made of 1100 thin stainless-steel wires running parallel to each other for the entire length of the cylinder and supported on 24 steerable parabolic frames. An array of 1056 half-wave dipoles in front of a 90 degrees corner reflector forms the primary feed of the telescope.


Doddabetta Peak:
Doddabetta Peak is the second highest mountain in the Nilgiri Hills, at 2637 mtrs (8650 feet), after Anaimudi. There is a reserved forest area around the peak. It is 9 km from Ooty, On the Ooty-Kotagiri Road in the Nilgiri District. It is a popular tourist attraction with road access to the summit. The Chamundi Hills can be viewed from the peak. Evening free to explore on own. Overnight at the hotel.

Day 04:
Ooty
Breakfast at the hotel. Proceed for Excursion to the beautiful hill station of Coonoor (24 Kms / 1 ½ Hr) Enjoy the tea gardens.

Coonoor:
Coonoor is the second largest hill station in the Nilgiris after Ooty, surrounded by tea plantations, at an altitude of 1839 metres. Coonoor is a Taluk and a municipality in the Nilgiris district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It is known for its production of Nilgiri tea. Its climate is milder than Ooty. It is a very popular weekend getaway for the people in Coimbatore. Coonoor is a very small tea garden town where the weather remains pleasant throughout the year. Coonoor lies on the toy – train tine between Mettupalayam (28 Kms) from Ooty. A popular activity is bird watching, as an extensive variety of birds can spotted here. It is an ideal base for a number of trekking expeditions leading into the Nilgiris.

In Coonoor visit:

Dolphins Nose:
Dolphin's Nose Viewpoint is a tourist spot 12 Kms away from Coonoor and lies close to Tiger Hills. It is one of the most scenic view point near Coonoor. Dolphin's Nose is well over 1,000 feet above sea level, 10 km from Coonoor and is a spectacular spot to visit. The tip of the peak resembles like a Dolphin Nose and so it is named as Dolphin's Nose. It is an huge rock formation that is entirely unique. There are gigantic ravines found both to the left and right of Dolphin's Nose and there is a view of inspiring Catherine Falls with its continuing stream several thousand metres below which is located a relatively short distance away opposite of the Dolphin's Nose. Best parts of spot are the hairpin turns and tea plantations on the way.

Lambs Rock:
Lamb's Rock is a tourist spot in Coonoor, Tamil Nadu. It is located at a distance of 8 kilometers from Coonoor. It has a spectacular view of the Coimbatore plains, tea estates and coffee estates on the slopes of the Nilgiri Hills.

Sim Park:
Sim's Park is located in Coonoor, The Nilgiris. It is an important tourist place to visit in Coonoor, at a height of 1780 meters above mean sea level. This is an remarkable park-cum-botanical garden, developed around the natural contours of the land more than a 100 years ago and was developed by Mr. J.D. Sims and Major Murray in the year of 1874. Naturally occurring trees, shrubs and creepers are in the park. Many unusual species of plants that have been brought in from a variety of places around the world. The main event in this park is an annual fruit show and vegetable show held in May every year. This is a natural garden. Inside the park there are some beautiful terrace with colorful flower beds, lawns and rockeries.
The garden has some rare economic trees like Rudraksh- bead tree, Cinnamomum, Queensland karry pine, a handsome ornamental tree and graceful trees like Araucaria, Quercus, Phoenix, Magnolia, Pine, Turpentine, Tree ferns, Camellia. There is a glass house housing different ornamental plants and flowers. On the other side of the park, rose garden are maintained. This park has more than 1000 species of 255 generas belonging to 85 families widely covering different group of plants. Evening return back to Ooty. Overnight at the hotel.


Day 05:
Ooty
After breakfast the day is free for individual activities and for shopping. In the evening one can take a boat ride in the lake. Overnight at the hotel.

Day 06:
Ooty
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart by road for Coimbatore / Bangalore to board flight / train for onward journey.

Mysore Palace






Brindavan Gardens Mysore






Bangalore Palace






Attara Kacheri Bangalore






Botanical Garden Ooty






Bull Temple Bangalore






Chamundeshwari Temple Mysore





Coaker's Walk Kodaikanal





Cubbon Park Bangalore





Doddabetta Peak Ooty





Dolphin Nose Ooty





Iskcon Temple Bangalore





Kodaikanal Lake





Kurinji Andavar Temple Koda





lamb's Rock Ooty





Tipu Sultan's Palace





ooty hill station





Pillar Rocks Kodaikanal





Silver Cascade Kodaikanal





Srirangapatnam Ranganatha
Bangalore / Mysore / Ooty / Kodaikanal (07 Nts / 08 Days)

Day 1 :
Ex Bangalore
Arrival at Bangalore Airport / Railway station and transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day free at leisure.

Bangalore:
Bangalore, the capital city of the Indian state of Karnataka is located on the Deccan Plateau in the south-eastern part of Karnataka. Bangalore is India's third most populous city. Bangalore is well-known as the center of India's information technology sector. The city is among the top 10 preferred entrepreneurial locations in the world. Bangalore is known as the “Garden City of India” and has two nationally renowned botanical gardens – Lal Bagh and Cubbon Park, which attract a lot of visitors through the year. Legend has it that Bengaluru, a Kannad term (meaning ‘Town of Boiled Beans’) got its name after an old woman served cooked pulses to a lost and hungry Hoysala king. The present day city was once planned by Magadi Kempe Gowda in the year 1537.Under the British influence, Bangalore bloomed with modern facilities like the railways, postal, telegragh & police departments. Overnight at the hotel.

Day 02:
Bangalore
After breakfast, proceed for City Tour of Bangalore visiting:

Bull Temple:
The Bull temple is devoted to Nandi Bull, the vahana (vehicle) of Lord Shiva. Situated in Basavanagudi, this temple has been built in the Dravidian style of architecture. Kempe Gowda, the founder of Bangalore, got the Bull temple built during his time. This temple is amongst the oldest temples of the city and draws devotees from all over the country. This temple is also widely known as”Sri Dodda Basavanna Gudi”, an abode to Nandi (Bull) There is huge idol of Nandi Bull inside the temple, measuring 4.5 m in height and 6.5 m in length. This idol is said to have been engraved out of a single rock. The bull also has a small iron plate on its head. As per the tradition, this plate prevents the bull from growing. Providing a great backdrop to the statue are the idols of God Surya and Goddess Chandra, on their chariots. It is believed that the Vishva Bharti River originates at the feet of this statue.
The legend goes that the Bull Temple was built to appease a bull that used to consume and destroy all the groundnuts and peanuts cultivated in this area. It is also said that after the temple was built, the bull stopped damaging the crop. As a celebration of this incident, the farmers of Basavanagudi organized a Groundnut Fair (Kadalekai Parase), near the temple. This fair continues till date and is attended by the people of Bangalore in large numbers.


Cubbon Park:
The Cubbon Park is an historic park, located in the heart of city. The Cubbon Park has a history of over 100 years. It was established in the year 1870 by Sri John Meade, the then acting Commissioner of Mysore. The vast landscape of the park was conceived by Major General Richard Sankey, the then Chief Engineer of the State. As a mark of honor to Sri John Meade, the park was initially named as "Meade’s Park" and consequently it was called the Cubbon Park. Since the commencement of the park, it was developed and improved by adding new structures and features. In the year 1927, the park was officially renamed as "Sri. Chamarajendra Park" to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of Sri. Krishnaraja Wodeyar’s rule in Mysore State. Cubbon Park was basically designed as a public park in an area of about 100 acres and expanded over the years. The park has a predominant green area with a few concrete buildings, housing government and other organizations' offices. The park has about 68 genera and 96 species with a total of around 6000 plants / trees growing in its locale.

Bangalore Palace:
Bangalore Palace is situated in the Palace Gardens, at the heart of the Bangalore city. It was built in the year 1887 by Wodeyar dynast & was adorned with magnificent woodcarvings and Tudor-style architecture from inside. Intrestingly, the palace is quite similar to the medieval castles that were built in Normandy and England. The Windsor Castle of London left a great impression on King Chamaraja Wodeyar of Wodeyar dynasty, on one of his trips to England. Inspired by the Tudor style architecture, he got the Bangalore Palace built in the city. Once surrounded by beautiful gardens, the palace has now lost much of its original charm. However, it still attracts tourists from all over the world. Mainly constructed of wood, it boasts of splendid carvings and paintings. Today the palace serves as the venue for various exhibitions, concerts and cultural programs held in the city.
The ground floor of the Bangalore Palace comprises of a immense open square. This Square is full of granite seats that are bejeweled with fluorescent blue ceramic tiles. Along with the courtyard is a ballroom, where private parties of the King used to be held. As we move to the first floor, the foremost thing that comes into view is an complex room, known as the Durbar Hall. The King used this hall for addressing the assembly Mounted on the hall is a colossal elephant head, while its walls are ornamented with exquisite paintings. One of the walls of the Durbar Hall has a set of windows that are decorated with stained glass. There is a profuse use of the yellow color in the hall, with the walls as well as the sofa being of the said color. One end of the room houses a screen, which provided a curtain to the ladies when they used to sit and watch the assembly events. There are also a number of paintings of Raja Ravi Varma, a renowned artist in the palace. The inner walls of the Bangalore Palace are also decked out with paintings belonging to the mid-19th century. The other attractions of the palace include a dining table of the Diwan of Mysore, Sir Mirza Ismail.


Iskon Temple (Sri Radha Krishna – Chandra Temple):
Sri Radha Krishna – Chandra Temple, popularly known as Iskon Temple, has deities of Krishna & Radha. It is one of the largest ISKCON temples in the world. This temple is a huge cultural complex inaugurated in the year 1997 by His Holiness Jayapataka Swami & Shankar Dayal Sharma.

The Fort &Tipu Sultan’s Palace:
Tipu Sultan Fort was initially built by Kempe Gowda, the founder of Bangalore. The fort was later extended by Tipu Sultan, the Emperor of Mysore. This Fort is located near the City Market & dates back to the year 1537. It was here that Hyder Ali, the father of Tipu Sultan, imprisoned David Baird, along with a number of other army officers of the British. The Fort stands as a witness to the struggle of the Mysore Emperor against the British command. The intricately carved arches of the Tipu Sultan Fort have been built as per the Islamic style. Another major attraction of the fort is the well-preserved Ganapati temple situated inside it. Within the fort lies Tipu Sultan palace, which dates back to the year 1790. This Palace is wholly built of Teakwood & was constructed as the summer residence of Tipu Sultan. This two-storied palace stands decorated with pillars, arches and balconies.
On either side of the Palace are beautiful gardens, which lead to its main entrance. Tipu Sultan used to conduct the affairs of the state from the eastern and western balconies of the upper floor. After the death of Tipu sultan, the palace was used by the British as their secretariat, till the year 1867.


LalBagh Botanical Gardens:
Hyder Ali, the Emperor of Mysore, laid down the foundation of the Lalbagh Botanical Gardens in the 18th century. The gardens were later completed by his son, Tipu Sultan. He imported trees and plants from different countries of the world, like Persia, Afghanistan and France, to add to the wealth of the Lalbagh Botanical Gardens of Bangalore. The gardens encircle one of the towers erected by Kempe Gowda, the founder of Bangalore. These gardens possess a rich collection of almost 1000 different species of flora. There is also a Glass House inside the gardens, modeled on London's Crystal Palace. Spread over an area of 2400-acre, the Lalbagh Botanical Gardens hold the distinction of having the largest collection of rare and exotic plants in India. The first lawn clock of the country was also set up in these gardens only.
The others attractions of the Lalbagh Botanical Gardens include the Lal Bagh Rock, one of the oldest rock formations on earth. It is believed to be approximately 3000 million years old. The garden is beautifully designed, with lawns, flowerbeds, lotus pools and fountains adding to its splendor. Flower festivals are held every year in the botanical gardens, as a part of the Independence Day and Republic Day celebrations.


Vidhan Soudha (Drive Pass):
Vidhan Soudha is seat of the state legislature of Karnataka State. Vidhana Soudha is the largest legislature-cum-office building in the country. No other state capital in the country boasts of a comparable structure. The concept of the Vidhana Soudha and the implementation of the project is entirely credited to late Sri Kengal Hanumanthaiah, Chief Minister of the then Mysore State from 1951 to 1956. He wanted a building which would not only be functional as a secretariat and a model of spaciousness, but which should become the prime edifice of the city – a “People Palace”, symbolizing in its very appearance the seat of government. He visited Europe, Russia, United States and other places and got the idea of building Vidhana Soudha by incorporating various designs from the buildings he had seen. The building is illuminated on Sundays and public holidays..

Attara Kacheri (Karnataka High Court):
Situated opposite the Vidhan Soudha, it is a two-storied building of stone and brick, painted in red, which dates back to the year 1867. Attara Kacheri which means “the eighteen offices, or departments”, originally comprised the general and revenue secretariat of the State Government. The Attara Kacheri was also known in the earlier days as Bowring’s Attara Kacheri or Old Public Offices. The credit goes to Mr. Bowring, the then commissioner of Mysore State who conceived and prepared the plans. The construction of this building started in 1864 and completed in 1868 at a cost of Rs.4.5 lakhs. The work was executed by Rao Bahadur Arcot Narayanaswamy Mudaliar. The administrative offices of the State continued to be located in the Attara Kacheri till 1956, one of the major attractions of the Attara Kacheri is its Gothic Style of architecture built in the European classical style. Also known as the High Court Building, it serves as the perfect contrast to the white columned building of Vidhana Soudha.
Attara Kacheri of Bangalore is a building housing the High Court. Attara Kacheri of Bangalore was built under the reign of Tipu Sultan, the Emperor of Mysore. It is said that during his time, the offices of the eighteen departments of Revenue and General Secretariat expanded to quite an extent. Since the palace could not house the offices, he ordered the construction of a new building, where the offices could be relocated. He named the building as Attara Kacheri, meaning eighteen offices or departments. . It was earlier named as Old Public Offices and got its name of Attara Kacheri when the eighteen departments in the general and revenue secretariat of the Mysore Government were shifted here from their crowded premises in Tipu Sultan's summer palace. There are a number of buildings worth visiting near Attara Kacheri. They comprise of the Visveswaraya Industrial and Technological Museum, Public Library, the Venkatappa Art Gallery and the Government Museum. Overnight at the hotel.


Day 03:
Bangalore to Mysore (139 Kms / 3 ½ Hrs)
After breakfast check-out from hotel and depart by road for Mysore.

Mysore:
Mysore is the most significant & the second biggest City of Karnataka state. It is the former capital of the Mysore Maharajas, who ruled Mysore State from this royal city. Mysore City Compromises of Palaces, gardens, shady avenues and sacred temples. This City is most likely called as the 'City of Palaces', the 'Garden City', and the 'Ivory City', the ‘City of Yoga’ as well as the 'cultural capital of Karnataka'. Mysore had been the capital city of the Wodeyar's who ruled the Mysore Kingdom. Throughout the rule of the Wodeyar dynasty, crafts and arts attained its peak and therefore the city consequently developed into the cultural capital. The Wodeyars had been unbelievable patrons of art and culture. In combination with its tourist destinations, Mysore is renowned for sandalwood Products, rosewood carved articles, Silk Sarees & Sandalwood oil, in addition to the Dasara Festival (Navratri) celebrated each and every year. Mysore silk is well known for its quality and undying gleam.

En route visit:

Srirangapatnam:
Srirangapatnam is an island fortress-city with great religious, cultural and historic importance, located 14 kms from Mysore. For a short while the city of Srirangapatnam was the capital of the Mysore state, while Tipu Sultan was ruling Mysore. As a result, there are a number of historical monuments related to the life and times of Tipu Sultan. After the death of Tipu Sultan in 1799 AD, the British shifted the capital back to Mysore. Srirangapatna is nestled in the banks of river Cauvery. The town derives its name from the presiding deity of Ranganatha Swamy temple situated at the western end of the island in the Cauvery River. Srirangapattanam is one of the most important Vaishnavitecenters of pilgrimage in south India. The Ranganathaswamy temple in Srirangapatnam is very famous. It has the idol of Lord Vishnu as Ranganatha reclining on the serpent Ade Shesha.
The temple was built by the Ganga dynasty rulers of the area in the 9th century; the structure was strengthened and improved upon architecturally some three centuries later. Thus, the temple is a mixture of the Hoysala and Vijayanagar styles of temple architecture.
The Daria Daulat Palace, the Palace of Tipu Sultan in Srirangapatnam is a beautiful Palace built mainly of teakwood. The walls of the Palace are covered with colorful frescoes that signify the reign of Tipu Sultan and the different battles that he fought during his time. Tipu built the Masji-e-Ala or the Juma Majid at Srirangapatna as well. This mosque has tall lofty minarets that dominate the skyline of Srirangapatna. The tombs of Tippu Sultan were laid out by his father Hyder Ali and mother Fathima Begum in the Gumbaz. The Gumbaz is a major tourist attraction because of its architecture and craftsmanship. It has enormous ebony door inlaid with ivory. Srirangapatnam also has the Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary that attracts hundreds of migratory birds from all over the world. The sanctuary is also home to flying bats and marsh crocodiles. This wonder of nature is an ideal place to unwind and enjoy nature. Another popular picnic spot set in beautiful lush green surroundings is the Sangam where the River Lokapavani joins the River Cauvery. While in Mysore it is worth visiting Srirangapatnam because of its historical importance and natural beauty. Upon arrival, Check in at the hotel. In the afternoon, proceed for City Tour of Mysore visiting.


Mysore Maharaja Palace:
Mysore Palace or the Mysore Maharaja Palace is located in the heart of the city. Mysore Palace is one of the most visited monuments in India. And its one of the largest palaces in the country, also known as Amba Vilas Palace, was the residence of the Wodeyar Maharaja's of the Mysore state. Mysore Palace is priceless national treasure and the pride of a kingdom, the Mysore Maharaja Palace is the seat of the famed Wodeyar Maharaja's of Mysore. The original palace built of wood, got burnt down in 1897, during the wedding of Jayalakshammanni, the eldest daughter of Chamaraja Wodeyar and was rebuilt in 1912 at the cost of Rs. 42 lakhs. The present Palace built in Indo-Saracenic style and blends together Hindu, Muslim, Rajput, and Gothic styles of architecture. It is a three-storied stone structure, with marble domes and a 145 ft five-storied tower. The palace has a magnificent Durbar Hall with a 200 Kg. gold throne inlaid with precious stones. It is an extravaganza of stained glass ceiling, mirrors reflecting images from all sides, mosaic floors & wooden doors with beautiful carvings.
Above the central arch is an impressive sculpture of Gajalakshmi, the goddess of wealth, prosperity, good luck, and abundance with her elephants. The palace is surrounded by a large garden. Designed by the well-known British architect, Henry Irwin, the palace is a treasure house of exquisite carvings and works of art from all over the world. The palace is now converted into a museum that treasures souvenirs, paintings, jewellery, royal costumes and other items, which were once possessed by the Wodeyars. It's a Kaleidoscope of stained glass & mirrors. The tastefully decorated and intricately carved doors open into luxuriously decorated rooms. The ground floor with an enclosed courtyard displays costumes, musical instruments, children toys and numerous portraits. The upper floor has a small collection of weapons. The beautifully carved mahogany ceilings, solid silver doors, white marble floors and superb columned Durbar Hall are a fest to the eyes. The palace is a treasure house of exquisite carvings and works of art from all over the world. Exquisitely carved doors open into gorgeously luxurious rooms. The royal throne, regal seat called the Chinnada Simhasana or Ratna Simahasana with fascinating artwork on its gold plates is displayed during the Dasara festival. The Maharajas of Mysore used to sit on the golden throne and hold durbars in the Palace Durbar Hall. The paintings of eight manifestations of Goddess Shakthi (strength) and an original painting of the renowned painter Raja Ravi Verma are also on display. The palace complex has a selection of twelve Hindu temples. The oldest of these was built in the 14th century, while the most recent was built in 1953. Someshvara Temple, dedicated to God Lord Shiva and Lakshmiramana Temple, dedicated to God Lord Vishnu are some of the more famous temples. The former Royal family continues to live in a portion of the Palace. His Highness Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wadiyar is the current scion of the Wodeyar Dynasty.
The outline of the Mysore Palace illuminated with 98,260 bulbs, shimmering against an inky black night is one of the most lasting images of the city. Although tourists are allowed to visit the palace, they are not allowed to take photographs inside the palace. Mysore Palace is the venue for the famous Mysore Dasara Festival, during which leading artists perform on a stage set up in the palace grounds. On the tenth day of the festival Vijaya Dashami, a parade with caparisoned elephants and other floats originate from the palace grounds.


Mysore Zoo (Chamarajendra Zoological Garden):
Mysore Zoo (Chamarajendra Zoological Garden) was started in 1892 by Chamaraja Wodeyar Bahadur X, then the king of Mysore. Originally, as a private Zoo, and was named as Khas-Bangale. It was also called as Thamash Bangle. Mysore Zoo holds an important place in Karnataka. In the year 1909, the Palace Zoo was named as Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Garden to memorialize the illustrious founder and since then it bears the catalog. The Zoo which has now spread over an area of 250 acres was initially meant for the exclusive visit of the royal family but public entry started as early as 1920. It is located inside the city unlike many other Zoos in India and Mysore Zoo is considered to be one of the best in the world.
The Zoo has about 1500 animals, ranging from the opossum to orangutan. This Zoo houses a wide range of animals. Mysore Zoo was the first in the country to obtain gorilla and penguins. Many animals which are imported from countries like Africa, America, and Australian countries under conservation project due to the successful breeding of the white tiger. It is also credited with achieving considerable break-through in captive breeding of many animals. Elephants also breed well in captivity in this Zoo.
The Zoo has a small museum which exhibits the stuffed animals. A small library is also located in the Zoo. Painting and essay competitions are periodically conducted by the zoo authority the children to create awareness and love in them for animals. Ms.Sally Walker (USA) started the friends of Mysore Zoo (FMZ) in 1980. At present there is a scheme for ‘Adopting’ an animal. Which means you can take care of the feeding expenses of an animal for certain of time. Karanji Lake is a part of Mysore Zoo. The lake attracts about 45 varieties of birds; some of the birds migrate here from too far away places. The lake has been renovated recently and boating facility is also available. A white elephant considered sacred by many, was a special attraction and also rearing penguins in Mysore zoo was a specialty. The zoo displays native & exotic animal species in natural settings, providing conservation education & experience based tourism activities. At present there are 1450 individuals belonging to 170 different species. The large number of animals is exotics like Zebra, Giraffe, Gorilla, African Rhinos, Chimpanzee & many more. All these beautiful and majestic animals can be seen in open natural habitat. Maharaja had the vision that the zoo was not only the place of recreation but of education as well. He ensured that brochures, guide books and animal picture cards were brought out giving information on each species so that the visitors and learn something about the wildlife of India & abroad.


Chamundi Hills:
The Chamundi Hills on the outskirts of Mysore city is another famous landmark of the city. Chamundi Hills is famous not only in India but also abroad. A visitor can see these hills from a distance of about 8 to 10 kms while driving to this city of Palaces from any direction. The Chamundi Hills is about 3 km from the city.
Mysore was ruled by the demon-king Mahishasura, he was a buffalo-headed monster. Hence, came the name of this place - Mahishuru, the city of demon Mahisha. Hearing to the prayers Of Gods and Goddess to save them from the monster, Goddess Parvathi, (consort of Lord Siva), took birth as Chamundeshwari and killed the monster. After killing the demon, the Goddess resided atop the Chamundi Hills where she is worshiped with reverence and devotion. The goddess is also known as Mahishasura Mardini meaning she who slew Mahishasura. On the top of the hill is the Chamundeshwari temple that dates back to the 11th century. Goddess Chamundeshwari is an incarnation of Goddess Parvathi who took this form to destroy the demon king Mahishasura. It is said that Dodda Devaraja Wodeyar who ruled Mysore from1659 to 1673, built the 1000 steps leading to the temple that are carved out of granite rock. He built it so that climbing the hill would be easy for the pilgrims. It is also claimed that he constructed 63 houses at the foot of the Chamundi hills and called it Devarajapura and donated it to the Brahmins caretakers of the temple. There is a separate set of equestrian steps craved out on the hill as the Kings use horses to go to the temple. King Krishnaraja Wodeyar III added the magnificent gopuram (pyramidal temple tower) of the temple in 1825-1826. Close to the temple there is a gigantic statue of Mahishasura made of mortar and painted with bright colors. On top of the hill besides the temples there is a small palace that belongs to the Kings of Mysore called Lalithadri. Half way up the hills is a huge monolith statue of Nandi, the bull and vehicle of Lord Shiva. This colossal Nandi is one of the largest in India, 16 ft. (4.8 meters) tall at the front and 25 ft. (7.5 meters) in length. The magnificent Pendent bells around its neck are exquisite. Nandi and the temple beside it are located at the 700th step of the Chamundi Hill. There is a temple tank called the Devikola that is used during festivals. The temple has a very beautiful idol of the goddess wearing a garland of skulls. Goddess Chamundeshwari, also spelled Chamundeswari is an incarnation of Goddess Durga, Goddess Kali is also referred to as the Goddess Chamundi.


Brindhawan Gardens:
The Brindavan Gardens, a celebrated beauty spot in this part of India is world famous for its symmetric design. It is one of the most beautifully laid out terrace gardens in the world. The creation of this garden in the Krishnaraja Sagar Dam site has been the achievement of Sir Mirza Ismail, the then Dewan of the princely State of Mysore. The beautification of the whole dam complex was conceived by Sir Mirza Ismail. Modeled on the design of the Shalimar Gardens of Kashmir in the Mughal style, the garden is enriched with a number of terraces, fountains, running and cascading water channels, water slides, lush green lawns, flower beds, shrubs and trees. Today, the Brindavan Gardens is world famous for its delicate beauty, grandeur and illumination/ musical fountain.
The Brindavan Gardens, primarily a terrace garden is laid out immediately behind the Krishnaraja Sagar dam site. The Department of Horticulture in 1927 started the work of laying out this garden, and then called the Krishnarajendra Terrace Garden. The Krishnaraja Sagar dam is built across the river Cauvery, one of the principal rivers in South India. The dam is named after Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV during whose rule the Chief Engineer, Sir M. Vishveswaraya engineered the construction of the dam.
Today, the garden extends over an area of 60 acres and it is laid out in the three terraces, which ends in a horseshoe shape. The slopes are planted with colorful Bougainvilleas and ornamental plants. This garden is a public park. The illuminated running waters and fountains with changing colors of lights is an event that the tourists can look forward to in the evenings. The garden has many open spaces, lawns, illuminated flower beds and ornamental plants. It also has well laid out roads and pathways. The Brindavan Gardens is the best-illuminated terrace garden in India. The boating pond in the midst of the garden is a location where the visitors can enjoy a boat ride. The whole garden when illuminated is an enchanting site to see. The Musical and dancing fountain, is the main attraction of the visitors. The water, colored light and music are harmonized in the fountain to create a water ballet controlled by an aquatic organ operated through a controller. Water is pumped to the fountain and the operation is computerized. All the other fountains run due to the water pressure from the dam. A laser vision has also been developed for visitors’ attraction The illumination timing is the same as that for the garden. The musical and dancing fountain is located in the North Brindavan Garden. A gallery and rain shelter is provided for the viewers. Overnight at the hotel.


Day 04:
Mysore to Ooty (155 Kms / 4 Hrs)
After breakfast check-out from hotel and depart by road for Ooty. Upon arrival, Check In at the hotel.

Ooty:
Ooty also known as Udhagamandalam is the capital of Nilgiris district. Ooty, the Colloquial of Ootacamund, is a popular hill station of South India in the Nilgiri District of Tamil Nadu, located in the Western Ghats. It is one of the most popular tourist resorts in India. Nilgiris means "Blue Mountains". It is a land of picturesque picnic spots. It was used to be popular summer and weekend getaway for the Britishers during the colonial days. An added attraction for the tourists to Udagamandalam is the mountain train journey which commences from Kallar, near Mettupalayam and wends its way through many terrifying curves and fearful tunnels and chugs along beside deep ravines full of fertile vegetation, gurgling streams and tea gardens. The town is rightly remarked as “Queen of Hill Stations” by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. The natural surrounding of Ooty includes landscapes, national parks & dense forest reserves.This hill station is well – known for its tea plantation as well as oil extracting industries, wherein the oil is obtained from its eucalyptus trees, lemon grass, geranium, clove and camphor. Ooty derives its name from the Toda word Othakal – mund that means “the house of Single stone”. Ooty has also been named as the summer capital of the Madras Presidency & used to be a popular summer retreat of Britishers during the colonial days. In the afternoon, proceed for City Tour of Ooty visiting.

Botanical Garden:
Botanical Garden was laid out in 1847 by the Marquis of Tweedale and is spread over 55 acres of land. Lush green well maintained lawns, rare tree species (like the cork tree which is probably the only such tree in India, the paper bark tree and the monkey puzzle tree - monkeys cannot climb this tree), a 20 million year old fossilized tree, an Italian-style garden bordering a clear pool, a vast variety of flowering bushes and plants in myriad hues (exotic and ornamental), fern house with a vast range of ferns and orchids, are some of the many highlights of this garden. A flower show along with an exhibition of rare plant species is held every year in the month of May at this garden. The Garden is very well maintained by the Horticulture Department of the Government of Tamil Nadu and has a very wide variety of plants that include different types of roses, imported shrubs, rare flowering plants etc. The "Summer Festivals" is held each year during the month of May in the Botanical Garden and is an added attraction for tourists. The Flower Show is the pride of the festival. To the east of the garden is the Toda mund (hill). The Todas are the native tribe. At the mund is a display highlighting the different aspects of their traditional culture.

Solar Physical Laboratory:
The Solar Physical Laboratory (Ooty Radio Telescope) is located in Muthorai village near Ooty. This village was selected as the suitable location and the construction work began in 1965. The structure of a radio telescope was designed in July 1963.The telescope was completed in 1969. Normal post commissioning and calibration use began in 1971. It is part of the National centre of Radio Astrophysics (NCRA)of the well known Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) which is funded by the Government of India through the Department of atomic energy. The Ooty Radio telescope has been designed and fabricated with domestic Indian technological resources. The ORT was completed in 1970 and continues to be one of the most sensitive radio telescopes in the world.
Observations made using this telescope have led to important discoveries and to explain various phenomena occurring in our solar system and in other celestial bodies. The reflecting surface of the telescope is made of 1100 thin stainless-steel wires running parallel to each other for the entire length of the cylinder and supported on 24 steerable parabolic frames. An array of 1056 half-wave dipoles in front of a 90 degrees corner reflector forms the primary feed of the telescope.


Doddabetta Peak:
Doddabetta Peak is the second highest mountain in the Nilgiri Hills, at 2637 metres (8650 feet), after Anaimudi. There is a reserved forest area around the peak. It is 9 km from Ooty,on the Ooty-Kotagiri Road in the Nilgiri District. It is a popular tourist attraction with road access to the summit. The Chamundi Hills can be viewed from the peak. Evening free to explore on own Overnight at the hotel.

Day 05:
Ooty
Breakfast at the hotel. Proceed for Excursion to the beautifull hill station of Coonoor (24 Kms / 1 ½ Hr) Enjoy the tea gardens.

Coonoor:
Coonoor is the second largest hill station in the Nilgiris after Ooty, surrounded by tea plantations, at an altitude of 1839 metres. Coonoor is a Taluk and a municipality in the Nilgiris district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It is known for its production of Nilgiri tea. Its climate is milder than Ooty. It is a very popular weekend getaway for the people in Coimbatore. Coonoor is a very small tea garden town where the weather remains pleasant throughout the year. Coonoor lies on the toy – train tine between Mettupalayam (28 Kms) from Ooty. A popular activity is birdwatching, as an extensive variety of birds can spotted here. It is an ideal base for a number of trekking expeditions leading into the Nilgiris.

In Coonoor visit:

Dolphins Nose:
Dolphin's Nose Viewpoint is a tourist spot 12 Kms away from Coonoor and lies close to Tiger Hills. It is one of the most scenic view point near Coonoor. Dolphin's Nose is well over 1,000 feet above sea level, 10 km from Coonoor and is a spectacular spot to visit. The tip of the peak resembles like a Dolphin Nose and so it is named as Dolphin's Nose. It is an huge rock formation that is entirely unique. There are gigantic ravines found both to the left and right of Dolphin's Nose and there is a view of inspiring Catherine Falls with its continuing stream several thousand metres below which is located a relatively short distance away opposite of the Dolphin's Nose. Best part of spot is the hairpin turns and tea plantations on the way.

Lambs Rock:
Lamb's Rock is a tourist spot in Coonoor, Tamil Nadu.It is located at a distance of 8 kilometers from Coonoor. It has a spectacular view of the Coimbatore plains, tea estates and coffee estates on the slopes of the Nilgiri Hills.

Sim Park:
Sim's Park is located in Coonoor, The Nilgiris. It is an important tourist place to visit in Coonoor, at a height of 1780 meters above mean sea level. This is an remarkable park-cum-botanical garden, developed around the natural contours of the land more than a 100 years ago and was developed by Mr. J.D. Sims and Major Murray in the year of 1874. Naturally occurring trees, shrubs and creepers are in the park. Many unusual species of plants that have been brought in from a variety of places around the world. The main event in this park is an annual fruit show and vegetable show held in May every year. This is a natural garden. Inside the park there are some beautiful terrace with colorful flower beds, lawns and rockeries. The garden has some rare economic trees like Rudraksh- bead tree, Cinnamomum, Queensland karry pine, a handsome ornamental tree and graceful trees like Araucaria, Quercus, Phoenix, Magnolia, Pine, Turpentine, Tree ferns, Camellia.
There is a glass house housing different ornamental plants and flowers. On the other side of the park, rose garden are maintained. This park has more than 1000 species of 255 generas belonging to 85 families widely covering different group of plants. Evening return back to Ooty. Overnight at the hotel.


Day 06:
Ooty to Kodaikanal (236 Kms / 6 Hrs)
Ater Breakfast, depart by road for Kodaikanal. Upon arrival, Check In at the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure for independent activities.

Kodaikanal:
Kodaikanal is a city in the hills of the taluk division of the Dindigul district in the state of Tamil Nadu. Its name is derived from the Tamil language which means "The Gift of the Forest". Kodaikanal is referred to as the "Princess of Hill stations" and has a long history as a retreat and popular tourist destination.
Kodaikanal was established in 1845 as a refuge from the high temperatures and tropical diseases of the plains. Much of the local economy is based on the hospitality industry serving tourism. Kodaikanal is one of the very popular and most sought after Honeymoon and holiday destination hill resorts in South India. This hill station stands 7200 feet above sea level and situated in upper palani hills of the Western Ghats near Madurai in Tamil Nadu. The cool and misty weather, the scenic beauty of the rolling hills and the wooded forest of Kodaikanal and its surroundings will spellbind any visitor throughout the year. Walk through the wooded forests, row in the lake, bath in one of the splashing waterfalls, go for horse riding and cycling around the lake or simply admire the views.
Kodaikanal is the only Hill Station in India developed by the Americans. During 1821, Lieutenant B. S. Ward, a British surveyor was, the first European to visit Kodaikanal, who was on the lookout for a healthy place to live, for the foreign missionaries working in Madurai and the surrounding areas to escape from the summer heat and epidemics. The early visitors to Kodaikanal, had to travel by horse, bullock cart or palanquin. The forest was infested by robbers and wild animals, and yet it became very popular with the elite families, because of the wonderful climate and clean air. In 1863, Sir Vere Hendry Levinge, the Collector of Madurai, created the 60 acres Kodai Lake by damming three streams flowing through. He stocked the lake with fish. He also brought the first boat from Tuticorin. A boat club was formed in Kodaikanal in 1890. Since May 1929, the club has permitted tourists to join the club as temporary members and avail of boating facilities. The extension of the railway line from Chennai to Tirunelveli (598 kilometers) made Kodaikanal really popular.


Day 07:
Kodaikanal
Breakfast at the hotel. Proceed for City Tour of Kodaikanal visiting:

Coakers Walk:
It is a narrow pedestrian path, constructed by Lt. Coaker in the year1872, a 1 Km mountain road which runs along the edge of steep slopes on the southern side of Kodai road which is ½ km away from Kodai. On a cloudless, clear day one can have interesting sights, such as Dolphin's nose in south, valley of the Pambar River in South East, bird’s eye view of Periyakulam and even city of Madurai. One must be aware of a fascinating trend called 'Brachem Specter. A very lucky person can see his shadow on the clouds with a rainbow halo, when sun is behind and cloud and mist is in his front. There is an observatory with telescope about halfway along.

Bryant Park:
Bryant Park, seen on the lake's eastern side, is another important Botanical Park that must not be missed by tourists visiting Kodaikanal as it houses plenty of different varieties of flowers, rafts as well as hybrids. Bryant, a British forest officer was the one who landscaped this park in the year 1980 and hence it is named after him. This is the place where the annual vegetable and flower show is held during the month of May and is the most visited place by many during the summer months. A glasshouse in the park contains wide varieties of flowers, ferns and other ornamental plants.

Kurinji Andavar Temple:
This temple situated 3 kms from the lake & it is a famous shrine dedicated to Lord Muruga. In Tamil literature, Kurinji means 'hilly region' and Andavar means 'God'. Hence Lord Muruga is referred as 'God of hill'. This temple is associated with the Kurinji flowers, which carpets at hill sides and blooms once in 12 years. From this temple one can have a view of Palani and Vaigai dam.
Pillar Rocks:
Three Boulders stand alongside each other vertically measuring to a height of about 122 meters (400 feet), providing a beautiful view. It is 8 Kms from the Kodai Lake. It has been managed by the Tamil Nadu Forest Department. It has a mini garden with lovely flowers. In the shadows of the pillars are shady woods that invite picnickers. The chamber between the two pillars is called Devil's kitchen.

Silver Cascade:
8 kms from Kodaikanal at a wide bend in the long and winding Laws Ghat Road, at altitude 1,800 meters is a 55-metre waterfall formed from the steady flow of Kodaikanal Lake. This impressive waterfall is a popular stop for first-time visitors. There are a few souvenir and fruit vendors and many monkeys here. There is also a smaller but more serene waterfall below the bridge which crosses the stream here. In the evening, enjoy boating at Kodaikanal Lake (on own).

Kodaikanal Lake:
It is an artificial, roughly star-shaped 60 acres lake built in 1863. It is recognized as Kodaikanal's most popular geographic landmark and tourist attraction. Rowboats and pedalos can be hired at the Kodaikanal Boat Club. Horses and bicycles can be hired beside the lake for short periods. The 5 kms path that skirts the edge of this lovely lake is a favourite walk for the locals and tourists alike.

Day 08:
Kodaikanal to Coimbatore (170 Kms / 4 hrs)
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart by road for Coimbatore to board flight / train for onward journey.

































































































































































Branches Office Address:

Mr. Ketan Sheth ( Vice President ) - Corporate Sales

HEAD OFFICE MUMBAI

Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
Kapadia Chambers, Office No. 3,
Near Metro Cinema, Dhobitalao,
Mumbai
Pin Code:400 020
India
sales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Telephone: +91-22-2207 7954 / 55 / 56 / 22077899
Bangalore Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
N / 8 Unity Bldg; J.C. Road
Bangalore
Pin Code: 560002
India
Tel: +91-80-22110011/ 32506661 / 2211 6666
Fax: +080-22110111
Mr Mohammed Meera
Branch Manager
Mobile: 09343207987
Email: blrsales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Chennai Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
187, Alsa Tower, Office No.11/12, 1st Floor,
P.H.Road,

Kilpauk,
Chennai
Pin Code:6000 10
India
Mr. B. Manikandan
Manager Tours
Email: chennai@creativeholidaysindia.com
Calicut Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
Silver Plaza Bldg, 2nd Floor,
Indira Gandhi Road,

Calicut
Pin Code: 673004.
Kerala State
India
Tel: + 91-495-2721740 / 41 / 3043006
Fax: + 91-495-2727674
Mr. Karim Arakkal
Sr.Operations Manager
Tel Direct: + 91-495-2727605.
Mobile: 09349755100
Email: ccjsales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Pala Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
Varacheril Building I Floor,
Lalam Church Road,
Near Kurusu Palli,

Pala
Kerala State
Pin Code: 686 575,
India
Tel: +91-9388841456
Fax: +91-0482 - 2200001
Email: plasales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Kodungallur Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
Prabha Building, North Nada,
Kodungallur

Trissur,
Pin Code: 680664.
Kerala State
India
Tel: +91-480-2802695/ 904986 / 2805195
Fax: +91-480-2812974
Mr. Yusuf
Manager Administration.
Mobile: 09349005887
Email: kdrsales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Kollam Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
1st Floor, Akhil Complex
Opp. Bus bay
Hospital Road,Chinnakkada

Kollam
Kerala State
Pin Code: 691001
India
Telephone: +91-474-3247065 / 3246605
Fax: +91-474-2768329
Mr. A. Mohammed Ansar
Manager Tours Division
Mobile: 09349227605
Email: klmsales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Ahmedabad Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
223, Super Mall, Near Lal Banglow,
C. G. Road,

Ahmedabad
Pin Code:380 009
India
Mr. Rajendra Sharma
Manager Tours Division
Email: amdsales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Hyderabad Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
5-9-30/9-10/2/D,
Level 4, Mor Chambers,
Bashier Bagh,

Hyderabad
Pin Code: 5000 29.
India
Tel: 040 30228033
Fax: 040 66771028
Mr. Samad Qureshi
Email: sq@creativeholidaysindia.com
Muvattupuzha Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
KMP & Brother Arcade,
Post Office Junction,
muvattupuzha,

Ernakulam
Kerala State
Pin Code: 686661
India
Tel: 0485 2850 553 / 2812 614 / 2811 214
Fax: +91-485-2812614
Mr. Lal. G
Branch In Charge.
Mobile: 093888 07163 / 0938747 2540 / 09387 472541
Email: mtzsales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Thodupuzha Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
28 / 4581 Salafi Complex Rotary Junction,
Muvattupuzha By-Pass Road,

Thodupuzha
Kerala State
Pin Code: 685584
India
Mr. Hari
Email: tpzsales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Tirur Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
2nd Floor, Eee Pee's Tower,
Opp. Bus Stand,
Tirur

Malappuram Dist,
Pin Code: 676101,
Kerala State
India
Tel: +91-494-2424537 / 38 / 2423205 / 3245001
Fax: +91-494-2422891
Mr. Sajin
Manager Administration
Mobile: 09388473881
Email: tirsales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Pune Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
Office 5 & 6, Ground Floor,
City Mall, University Road
Ganeshkhind

Pune
Pin Code: 411007
India
Mrs. Khyati Sheth
Manager
Mob: 9370256667
Tel: 020 - 66051111
Email: pnqsales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Kochi Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
Aysha Complex, CC/39-3954,
Karimpatta Raod, Pallimukku,

Ernakulam,
Cochin
Pin Code: 682016.
India
Tel: + 91-484-2372160 / 2365892 / 2374229 / 4113399
Fax: + 91-484-2374218
Mr.Ansari
S.R.Manager - Business Development
Mobile: 9349 916 189
Email: coksales@creativeholidaysindia.com ansari@creativeholidaysindia.com
Kannur Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
Near Steel Co. Company,
Opp : Ksrtc Bust Stand,
Caltex Junction,

Kannur
Kerala State
Pin Code:670 001
India
Telephone: +91-9388355100 / 9349055100
Fax: +91-80-22110111
Mr. Ghoshith
Manager Tours Division
Email: knnrsales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Trivandrum Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
1st Floor, TC - 25 / 2318, M.G.Road
Ismail Bldg, Near S.M.V.School,

Trivandrum
Pin Code: 695001.
Kerala State
India
Tel: + 91-471-2321475 / 78 / 80 / 84 / 85 / 408 0326
Fax: + 0471-2321483
Mr.Shibu Mather
Operations Manager.
Direct Tel: + 91-471-3012491
Mobile: 09387727605
Email: tvmsales@creativeholidaysindia.com
Kottayam Office
Creative Tours & Travels (I) Pvt. Ltd
C.S.I. Commercial Centre
1st Floor, Baker Junction

Kottayam
Kerala State
Pin Code: 686001
India
Tel: +91-481-3262233 / 9387222988
Fax: +91-481-2562028
Mr.Pramod
Branch Incharge
Mobile: 09349383028
Email: ktmsales@creativeholidaysindia.com
   
Back to Top