Things to do in Krabi – Who is off to Thailand soon and has no idea what to do with Krabi itinerary. We feel you!
Lucky for you, you stumbled onto our Blogspot and we happen to have some great advice on what to do in Krabi. Thailand is a popular tourist destination around the world, and there are a lot of places that travelers
cover when exploring this beautiful country. Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya are almost on everyone’s Thailand list,
But, we’re always amazed why Krabi is not the first choice.
5 best things to do in Krabi:
1) Krabi Rainforest:
Krabi is home to the Khao Nor Chu Chi National Park.
Taking a stroll to the mangrove forest is another must-try thing you shouldn’t miss in Krabi.
There are very special places in the rainforest in Krabi, which are Emerald Pool and Krabi Hot Springs. Emerald Pool is a natural swimming pool. To get there, you need to walk about 1,400m from the entrance, but the scenery is definitely worth walking. It is truly a magical experience to swim in the emerald green pool surrounded by the lush jungle.
Krabi Hot Springs are quite small but very relaxing to sit in for a while. They are just a few minutes walk from the entrance in a lovely natural setting. The Emerald Pool and the Hot Springs are about 15 minutes drive from each other.
2) 4 Island Hopping:
The 4 Islands Tour is one of the most popular day trips from Krabi. It takes you to the group of islands closest to the coast.
- Chicken Island: It is well known for its limestone which looks exactly like the shape of a chicken. This is a famous spot for snorkeling.
- Tup Island (Koh Tup): It is one of the most stunning places in Thailand. If you visit when the tide level is low, you will see the sand dune that looks like it’s dividing the sea into 3 parts!
- Poda Island (Koh Poda): It is famous for its white beaches, turquoise water, and the huge rock in front of it. The rock looks somewhat similar to James Bond Island.
- Railay Beach: It is located on the peninsula, but it is not accessible through the mainland. It is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Also, Railay is one of the top rock climbing locations in the world. For those who are interested in outdoor climbing, Railay is a must-visit destination in Thailand.
3) Phi Phi islands:
After being used as the filming spot. The Phi Phi islands were shot to fame and tourists have never stopped coming, you can get there by speedboat which takes about 45 minutes from Krabi mainland. There are two islands, Phi Phi Don and Phi Phi Leh, Phi Phi Don is inhabited and is the one where all the tourists flock. If you are planning to visit, leave early in the morning to avoid huge visitors as it gets very busy.
4) Spend time in the streets of Krabi:
Every Thailand city has its own walking streets, and Krabi is no exception for it. Krabi’s most popular walking street is Ao Nang Walking Street, which is located right in front of the Ao Nang Beach. Walking along the Ao Nang Walking Street is a good way to get a taste of authentic Thai culture. If you are traveling around Krabi, the best ways to spend your evening after a long day is to just chill out at any bar, or get a Thai massage at Ao Nang town.
Maybe it’s the season thing, but Krabi has far cheaper accommodation options than Phuket and Bangkok. The fact that Krabi is accessible by road and ferry along with flights, also makes it cheaper instead of saying, taking a flight as an only option. If you are looking for a more entertaining night in Ao Nang, check out the Blue Dragon Cabaret Show, which is the first ladyboy cabaret show in Krabi.
5) Hike way up to Khao Ngon Nak Viewpoint:
About 35 kilometers to the north of Krabi town there is a place called Nong Thale, this is where you begin your hike to the summit, and the trail itself is about 5 kilometers long and should take about two and a half hours to reach the top. Whilst hiking you will encounter a stream, a waterfall and a couple of viewpoints. The best however is saved for the top where you will get so see the panoramic views around you from 565 meters above sea level.
We are currently running a promotion for Krabi, Thailand. Starts from as low as 115 USD per person.