Kenya Safari for 7 days
This 7-day road safari, which features both traditional safari lodges and luxury tented camp experience, contrasts the Afro Alpine scenery of the world-famous Aberdare National Park with the starkly arid beauty of the northern Samburu district.
It also showcases the renowned Masai Mara National Reserve and the glory of Lake Nakuru National Park, home to over one million flamingoes.
Day 1 – The slopes of Mount Kenya
After being collected from your Nairobi hotel (or the airport), you will be driven to the famous Aberdare National Park. Aptly dubbed ‘Scotland with Lions’, this charismatic Afro-Alpine realm showcases the wild beauty of the Aberdare mountain range where elephants roam through lichen hung forests and spectacular waterfalls
plunge into churning pools.
Arriving in time for lunch at the Aberdares Country Club you will later be transported into the exclusive sanctuary that surrounds The Ark. A secluded lodge designed to resemble Noah’s Ark, this timbered lodge is unique, not least because of the splendor of the game-watching experience around its
private waterhole, which attracts large herds of elephants. NB: Kindly note only an overnight bag is allowed at Ark. Rest of the luggage will be locked up at the Aberdare Country Club at no extra cost.
Day 2 of Kenya Safari – North to Samburu
After breakfast, you will be transferred back to The Aberdare Country Club, where you will reconnect with your driver-guide. Drive north to ‘Born Free’ country where Joy and George Adamson raised Elsa the lion cub in the wild and beautiful Shaba National Reserve.
Arrive in time for lunch at the luxurious Sarova Shaba Game Lodge.
Spend the afternoon discovering the unique wildlife of the reserve, which is famous for its elephants, lions, and gerenuks.
Day 3 of Kenya Safari – On Safari in Shaba
Spend all day on safari (breakfast and lunch at the lodge) in the reserve, which offers sanctuary to large herds of elephants, healthy numbers of lions, leopards, cheetahs, plentiful plains game, reticulated giraffes, rare Beisa oryx, kudus, and gerenuks.
Day 4 of Kenya Safari – To Lake Nakuru
After breakfast drive to Lake Nakuru, the most famous of the Great Rift Valley lakes and home to a shifting population of over one million flamingoes.
Arrive in time for lunch at the Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge. Spend the afternoon on safari in Kenya’s first and largest rhino sanctuary.
Day 5 of Kenya Safari – To the Masai Mara
After breakfast, drive to the world-famous Masai Mara National Reserve, the backdrop to ‘the greatest wildlife spectacle on earth’, the annual migration of over one million wildebeest.
Arrive in time for lunch at the Sarova Mara Game Camp, a luxury tented camp, before spending the afternoon on safari in Kenya’s most popular reserve.
Day 6 – On safari in the Mara
Spend the whole day on safari in Africa’s richest wildlife viewing arena. Historically teeming with wildlife, the Mara
hosts Kenya’s largest lion pride and elephant herds.
Spend the evening in the camp where Masai dance performances are offered nightly.
Day 7 – Up the Rift Valley to Nairobi
After breakfast drive back down the Great Rift Valley to Nairobi. Alternatively, fly back to Nairobi (at additional cost).
Hotel The Ark Lodge
• 5* lodge resembling Noah’s Ark, tucked into the thick verdant forests of Aberdare National Park
• Comprises 60 cabins spread on 3 decks from which numerous balconies and lounges provide superb wildlife viewing
• Overlooks a floodlit waterhole and salt lick which attracts a host of awesome wildlife
• Website – The Ark Lodge
Hotel Sarova Shaba Game Lodge
• 5* lodge located in a natural oasis in the heart of the Shaba Game Reserve or “Born Free Country” that Joy and George Adamson called home for many years
• 85 rooms in chalet style with private views of the wildlife-rich banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River
• Website: Sarova Shaba Game Lodge
Hotel Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge
• 5* Lodge nestled along the Lion Hill overlooking the spectacular Lake Nakuru
• Natural landscaping with tall acacia trees, winding walkways and greens dotted with bird feeds
• 67 guest rooms set in a natural haven for birdlife attracting over 50 species of birds
• Website: Sarova Lion Hill Lodge
Hotel Sarova Mara Game Camp
• 73 luxury tents situated right in the center of the migration path
• Offers an unparalleled plethora of activities and experiences from luxury tented living to bird-watching, mini golf, sport fishing and a unique insight into the Maasai culture at the adjoining Maasai village
• Website: Sarova Mara Game Camp
Kenya Safari Quotation
Double Per pax
|16/12/2019 – 22/12/2019||2,429.00||422.00||1,526.00|
|23/12/2019 – 02/01/2020||3,104.00||1002.00||1,863.00|
|03/01/2020 – 15/03/2020||2,511.00||617.00||1,567.00|
|16/03/2020 – 31/03/2020||2,495.00||608.00||1,559.00|
|01/04/2020 – 09/04/2020||2,170.00||94.00||1,396.00|
|10/04/2020 – 13/04/2020||2,495.00||608.00||1,559.00|
|14/04/2020 – 15/06/2020||2,170.00||94.00||1,396.00|
|16/06/2020 – 30/06/2020||2,379.00||418.00||1,501.00|
|01/07/2020 – 15/07/2020||2,535.00||628.00||1,579.00|
|16/07/2020 – 15/09/2020||2,979.00||951.00||1,801.00|
|16/09/2020 – 31/10/2020||2,535.00||628.00||1,579.00|
|01/11/2020 – 15/12/2020||2,425.00||408.00||1,524.00|
• Christmas supplement (24/12/19 26/12/19): US$ 93.00 per person per night; and US$ 47.00 per child per night
• New Year supplement (31/12/19 01/01/20): US$ 93.00 per person per night; and US$ 47.00 per child per night
• Easter supplement (10/04/2020 13/04/2020): US$ 93.00 per person per night; and US$ 47.00 per child per night
Kenya Safari Quotation includes:
• Accommodation and meals as stipulated in the itinerary
• Transportation in a shared chauffeur driven safari vehicle with pop up roof for easy game viewing & photography
• Services of an English speaking driver-guide, game viewing drives, and parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary
• All Government taxes and levies
• All meet and greet services
• 24 hours stand by contact number
• 5 or 7 pax guaranteed window seat in each vehicle
• Two-way long range high-frequency radio communication in each vehicle
• On safari accessories in each vehicle: First aid kit, wildlife books, a pair of binoculars, cool box & fire extinguisher
Kenya Safari Quotation excludes:
• All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills/laundry, etc., and any other items not specified in our itinerary
• Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver-guide(s). (Budget approx. US$ 2.00 US$ 4.00 per person per day for lodge and hotel staff, U$ 1.00 per bag for porters and US$ 10.00 U$ 12.00 per person per day for driver guides).
• Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
• Any local or international flight(s) and departure/other taxes
• Concession fees (In case of any new fees introduced by parks without our knowledge)
• Visa fees currently US$ 50.00 per passport holder and subject to change (except for USA citizens who must pay US$ 100 in Tanzania). Visas are available on arrival at international airports or recognized border entry points.
• Flying doctors coverage: Optional @ US$ 20 dollars per person (coverage within East Africa for 14 days inclusive of airlift to a hospital in Nairobi where all costs will be payable by the patient).
• Personal insurance which we recommend highly
Click to see Kenya Safari – 7Days / 6 Nights